Around 55% of Americans make New Year’s resolutions. What is ironic is the 10 most popular resolutions never really change. Most likely because we are not real good at keeping the resolutions we simply make in haste with no thought and planning.
I have never been real big on New Year’s resolutions, but this year I have decided to approach them differently. I can thank Michael Hyatt for a couple of blogs which really changed my thinking. The fist was “How to Make New Year’s Resolutions Stick” and the second was “5 Steps to Developing More Disciple”. So this year I have made 6 resolutions and actually written them down. I have also come up with the reasons why I want to accomplish these goals, the obstacles I will face in achieving them and the new habits I must develop if there will be change.
So over the course of this week I will share with you my six New Year’s resolutions and all the ins and outs of each resolution. The second reason I want to put them on my blog is for accountability purposes. In the Making Resolutions Stick article Hyatt suggest you go public with your goals, so here they are.
I will weigh 215 lbs by May 1st. I am beginning at 255lbs.
- Long Range:
- I have 4 months to work really hard and reach my goal.
- I want to run the Cow Town 10K in February with Brian. (Saturday, February 25, 2012 – 7AM).
- Weekly Goals:
- Make a menu each week
- Go shopping weekly
- Record Meals daily
- Record daily stats
- Don’t miss a workout
- Weekly Goals:
- I want to have more energy to spend quality time with my kids and my wife.
- I want to be healthy, feel good and look good.
- I want to be a good example to my children.
- I want to be ready to climb the mountain in August.
- I like to eat out a lot and I don’t like to say no to foods I really want.
- It is very hard to get up at 5 AM each morning.
- My schedule gets very difficult, especially in the summer.
- New Habits:
- Eat 5 to 6 meals a day.
- Plan ahead.
- Don’t skip a workout for any reason.
- Share meals with Cami at restaurants.
- Drink only water, milk or juice in 2012. No tea!
These resolutions will be in no particular order and I will post 1 a day for the next six days. Cami and I are doing P90X together. Tomorrow I will share my resolutions for my family in 2012 with you. I hope 2012 is an amazing year for you and I can’t wait to see the new ways our Father will bless us in 2012.
One thought on “MY NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS”
I’m rooting for you!